School of Mechanical Engineering and Automation was founded in July 1993, which was developed on the basis of Department of Mechanical Engineering of Northeastern University of Technology, a university with a long history.
When the Northeastern University of Technology was established, the Department of Mechanical Engineering was an important part of the university in the plan. In 1925, it began to recruit the students of Mechanical Engineering, but the department was stopped running in 1935. In 1938, Northeastern University of Technology was amalgamated with Northwest University of Technology. In 1943, Northeastern University of Technology was restored. In the next year, the Department of Mechanical Engineering restarted to recruit students.
During the period of Northeastern University of Technology, Department of Mechanics was reconstructed in June,1949; Department of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering merged in March,1953;Department of Mechanics was restored in July,1955;the department was departed into Department of MechanicsⅠand Department of MechanicsⅡin May,1955.
After the university was renamed to Northeastern University, in July 1993, School of Mechanical Engineering was established on the basis of Department of MechanicsⅠand Department of MechanicsⅡ. In October 1997, the name of the school was changed into School of Mechanical Engineering and Automation.
(Editor:admin)